Art: Why Should You Care?
This article does what it says on the tin. It’s also bullet-pointed, concise and comes with pretty pictures and emotive video clips.
‘Art’, in this case, is used in the broader sense of term (ie: anything (painting, sculpture, literature, film, music, etc.) that was created as an expression or through the application of human creative skill.)
So: Why Should You Care?
1. It moves us emotionally.
2. It makes us ponder things and evaluate our lives.
3. It forms part of our national and global identity.
4. It can reveal the true story of our ancestors – one that is not blighted by politics, power or money.
5. It sets us apart from any other species that lives on this planet.
6. It can help us deal with heartbreak, depression, coming out, loneliness and anxiety.
7. It is older than us and it will outlive us.
8. It can take us places in an instant.
9. It brings people together.
“Close to 300,000 attend
429 theatre productions”
Source: Times of Malta
9. It gives us hope for a better future.
Can you think of other reasons why we should care about art?
Follow the discussion on The Salott.